We welcome your feedback because it helps us improve our services and gives us the opportunity to address things that need putting right.
If you would like to give feedback about our service, our organisation, our website or our people, you can use our online feedback form, mail in your feedback or visit your nearest Police Station to provide your feedback in person.
- Online feedback form
- Mail to PO Box 722, Paraparaumu 5254
- Or in person – Find your nearest Police Station.
It’s great to hear when we’ve done a good job. If you would like to provide positive feedback about our service or organisation or thank someone who works for Te Tari Pūreke, let us know and we can share it.
Express your dissatisfaction or make a complaint
It is important to let us know when we haven’t done a good job. If you are unhappy with the service we have provided, you can either:
- Provide feedback to Te Tari Pūreke expressing your dissatisfaction; or
- Make a complaint to the Independent Police Conduct Authority (IPCA), or alternatively, directly to Te Tari Pūreke.
If you make a complaint directly to Te Tari Pūreke, we will in turn notify the IPCA of the complaint. Whichever of the above options you choose, you will be kept informed about the process, and the information that you provide will be taken seriously, investigated fully and recorded properly.
Provide feedback to Te Tari Pūreke expressing your dissatisfaction
You should provide us with feedback if:
- You felt our service was too slow or otherwise not up to standard
- You felt that our staff displayed a poor attitude, were impolite or lacked empathy
- You were given wrong or inaccurate information
- You felt that you were treated unfairly
- If you have any issues with our website
Make a complaint to the Independent Police Conduct Authority (IPCA)
The IPCA oversees complaints about the Te Tari Pūreke as a business unit of New Zealand Police. IPCA are headed by a Judge, are totally independent and are not part of New Zealand Police.
Find more information about the IPCA
You should make a complaint to the IPCA if you have serious concerns about any of the following:
- Misconduct or neglect of duty
- Police practices, policies and procedures.
Download information about providing feedback
You can download information, in different languages, about providing feedback to New Zealand Police:
Māori [PDF, 975KB]
Arabic [PDF, 880KB]
Chinese Simplified [PDF, 1.2MB]
Chinese Traditional [PDF, 1.2MB]
Hindi [PDF, 1MB]
Japanese [PDF, 1MB]
Korean [PDF, 1.1MB]
Somali [PDF, 1MB]
Samoan [PDF, 1MB]
Spanish [PDF, 1MB]
Tongan [PDF, 1MB]