Before you import any of the following items, whether an overseas supplier sends those items to you or you bring them in with you, you must first get a permit to import:
- a firearm (other than a prohibited firearm), pistol, restricted airgun, restricted weapon, or blank-firing gun
- any part of a firearm (other than a prohibited firearm), pistol, restricted weapon, or blank-firing gun
- non-prohibited ammunition (other than projectiles for airguns)
- a pistol carbine conversion kit
- an air pistol carbine conversion kit
- a prohibited item
- prohibited ammunition that is authorised or permitted expressly by or pursuant to this Act to be possessed.
You must do this each time.