An Improvement Notice may be issued as a result of a regulatory club or range inspection when the club or range:
- does not meet a standard
- has contravened, is contravening or is likely to contravene Section 38V of the Arms Act 1983
- has failed, is failing or is likely to fail to comply with a condition of its certification.
The Improvement Notice must describe:
- the breach (or likely breach)
- the provision that is being breached (or is likely to be breached)
- the date by which the club or range must comply with the notice.
The notice includes advice and measures to help the club or range fix the breach in time.